After a recent update, my Arch Linux has upgraded Ruby from 1.9 to 2.0. Consequently, I couldn’t use Octopress, my blog generator, because the old installed modules related to the old version. This time, instead of installing the modules to the system (/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/), I decided to use rbenv.
After installing it from AUR, that’s just one command:
$ rbenv install -v 1.9.3-p194
It failed with this excerpt from the logs:
Generating dot graphs using 3 parallel threads...
Running dot for graph 1/488
Running dot for graph 2/488
Running dot for graph 3/488
Error: gvwrite_no_z problem 8192Problems running dot: exitcode=1, command='dot', arguments='"/tmp/ruby-build.20130326233142.29548/ruby-1.9.3-p194/doc/capi/html/d8/d41/array_8c__incl.dot" -Tpng -o "/tmp/ruby-build.20130326233142.29548/ruby-1.9.3-p194/doc/capi/html/d8/d41/array_8c__incl.png"'Running dot for graph 4/488
Running dot for graph 5/488
Running dot for graph 6/488
Error: gvwrite_no_z problem 8192Problems running dot: exitcode=1, command='dot', arguments='"/tmp/ruby-build.20130326233142.29548/ruby-1.9.3-p194/doc/capi/html/d6/d08/atomic_8h__dep__incl.dot" -Tpng -o "/tmp/ruby-build.20130326233142.29548/ruby-1.9.3-p194/doc/capi/html/d6/d08/atomic_8h__dep__incl.png"'
Searching on the internets didn’t find anything. After a while, I found out that the virtual partition with the /tmp/ directory, where the build was happening, ran out of space. To fix this, I had to move the build directory to another directory: